The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Announces 23rd Annual “A Time for Heroes” Celebrity Picnic with Special Musical Performance by Ingrid Michaelson
May 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA – On Sunday, June 3, 2012, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation will host its 23rd Annual “A Time for Heroes” event in Los Angeles, CA. This one-of-a-kind picnic brings together families, celebrities, corporate partners, and other supporters – all to raise awareness and funds for the Foundation’s efforts to end HIV/AIDS in children around the world.
More than 1,000 Angelenos will join some of Hollywood’s hottest stars playing old-fashioned carnival games, getting creative with arts and crafts, dancing to great music, and enjoying unbelievable food from LA’s best eateries.
“A Time for Heroes” has raised more than $33 million since 1989 to fund pediatric HIV/AIDS research and the Foundation’s international medical programs to prevent new HIV infections in babies and to keep HIV-positive mothers and children healthy with lifesaving treatment.
Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(press check-in for red carpet at 11:00 a.m.)
Place: Wadsworth Theatre Grounds, San Vicente and Wilshire Blvds, Los Angeles
Highlights of the event will include:
· Enjoy a musical performance by Ingrid Michaelson
· Visit the Disney play area for crafts, games, and fun
· Make a Mother’s Fight Your Fight at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Art Wall
· Tap into your creativity at the ONE and (RED) (2015) QUILT booth and design a digital quilt panel that represents your commitment to an AIDS-Free Generation by 2015
· Help to create a culture of Honesty, Beauty, and Fun at The Honest Company activity area
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries to implement prevention, care, and treatment; to further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, visit www.pedaids.org