Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Advocacy Video Nominated for Webby Award
April 18, 2011
Contact: Stephanie Bowen
Director of Media Relations
– The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is proud to announce that its advocacy video, “The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now,” has been nominated for the 15th Annual Webby Awards in the Public Service and Activism category. As one of five nominees in this category, the Foundation is eligible for the Internet industry's two most sought-after awards: The Webby Award and The Webby People's Voice Award.
While the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences selects The Webby Awards' Winners, the online public chooses The People's Voice Award Winners. Webby People's Voice voting started April 12 and ends April 28, 2011.
“We are honored to be nominated for this prestigious award,” said Philip O’Brien, Executive Vice President of Communications, Advocacy and Development for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. “This video traces the story of the Foundation, which began with one mother trying to save her children, a woman whose passion and activism have brought us to where we are now – a time when we can eliminate pediatric AIDS around the world. We hope that it inspires others to join our cause.”
To vote, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Click here: http://bit.ly/EGPAFwebby
- Step 2: Click "Register to Vote" under the video that says "The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now"
- Step 3: Log in through Facebook/Twitter or register
- Step 4: Go to the Online Film and Video section --> Public Service and Activism category
- Step 5: Vote for "The Time to Eliminate Pediatric AIDS is Now"
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, and has reached more than 11.6 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. It works at more than 5,400 sites in 17 countries to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities in order to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Webby Award and Webby People's Voice Award Winners will be announced on May 3, 2011. Winners will be honored at the 15th Annual Webby Awards in New York City on June 13, 2011.