Women Deliver 2010
June 7, 2010 - June 9, 2010
Established in 2007, Women Deliver is a global organization committed to Millennium Development Goal 5 – to reduce by three quarters the maternal mortality ratio by 2015, and to achieving universal access to reproductive health.
The theme for the Women Deliver 2010 conference
is “Delivering Solutions for Girls and Women.” The overarching goals for the conference are to raise awareness around maternal and reproductive health as global priority, as well as to solidify global commitments and investments around Millennium Development Goal 5. The Foundation will be actively involved throughout the conference by hosting an exhibition booth, and through participation in two panel discussions by senior Foundation staff.
What We're Doing at Women Deliver
BLOG: Tanzanian First Lady Visits D.C. Office
BLOG: Delivering for Women and Children in South Africa
June 8, 3:15 p.m.:
Foundation Director of Public Policy Catherine Connor will participate in the panel discussion, “Global Health Initiative: What does it mean for advocates?” Ms. Connor will be joined by panelists from CARE, Path, and the U.S. State Department.
June 9, 11:00 a.m.:
Kuku Appiah, the Foundation's South Africa
Country Director, will participate in the panel discussion, “PMTCT+: Family centered approaches to treatment and dual prevention.” Ms. Appiah will be joined by panelists from UNAIDS, UNICEF, and Mothers-2-Mothers.
Other HIV/AIDS-related sessions:
- Session 118: Mixing it up: Combination HIV Prevention for Girls and Women (June 7, 1:30-3:00 p.m., ROOM 145A/B)
- Session 121: Awareness, advocacy and action against abuses of sexual and reproductive rights for women living with HIV (June 7, 1:30-3:00 p.m., ROOM 147A)
- Session 131: Finding Common Ground: AIDS, MCH and SRHR Advocacy? (June 7, 3:15-4:15 p.m., ROOM 146C)
- Session 138: HIV Treatment access: impact on women’s health (June 7, 3:15-4:15 p.m., ROOM 152A)
- Session 211: Focusing on hyper-vulnerable women and girls (June 8, 11:00-12:30 p.m., ROOM 140B)
- Session 219: Strengthening SRH-MCH-HIV policy and program linkages for integrated, ‘real life’ health solutions (June 8, 1:30-3:00 p.m., ROOM 152B)
- Session 327: Transformative Gender Interventions: Empowerment and Rights-Based Approaches (June 9, 1:30-3:00 p.m., ROOM 151B)